Training to keep you fit, healthy, and ready for the next season
Join at any time - All goals and abilities are welcome - Join from anywhere in NZ
New focus from July 2020 - see Ironman & Half IM Squad for details
COVID-19 is having a massive impact on the world. We're all isolated, maybe confused and stressed, and even feeling a bit purposeless with no events to train for. But these are all important reasons to keep training at a level to support you health, mental well-being, and connection with other people.
We are working towards 2 key events / dates:
- Winterman 21 Jun - a mid winter Half IM-ish distance fun day out hosted by Tri Wellington
- Hilly trail adventure 27 Jun - a replacement for the cancelled Wuu2k event in Wellington
You can join us from anywhere around NZ. Do the training, then come join us on those dates in Wellington, or do your own version closer to home.
Smart Training Plans
Specific daily workouts based on cycling power, run pace, heart rate, or perceived effort
Virtual Squad Sessions
Alert levels 3 and 4 = Tue 6pm virtual indoor bike via Zoom
Alert levels 1 & 2 = group sessions in Wellington if ok
Coach and team discussions online. Connect / share / get support whilst we are training alone
Expertise & Resources
Get the most out of your training with podcasts, videos, resources and more.
New resources added daily
Pay what you can afford
Staying active, healthy, and engaged with your triathlon community is important right now
Finances are uncertain for some people, but we don't want anyone to miss out. Pay only what you can afford, and if your circumstances change your payments can change too. Give it a try, and if not right we'll refund your first payment.
Wellington Squad Price
For those who would normally train with the Wellington Squad
Online Team Price
For those who usually train on their own, anywhere in NZ
I'm on a budget price
If money is REALLY tight right now you can still be involved
Monthly payments are automatically charged to your credit card. Cancel at any time
Frequently Asked Questions
What is different between the price levels?
You get exactly the same training plans, resources, and support no matter which price you join at. We recognise times are uncertain and money is already tight for some people, so we want to give you the chance to still be involved and have some distraction from world events.
If your financial circumstances change your payments can change too. Keep doing the things you love!
How fit or fast do I need to be?
Anyone and everyone is welcome. We have a wide range of speeds, abilities, ages, and body shapes. We don't have ego's.
What does the training look like?
Training changes every month. The focus for through to end of April is:
- A simple at home strength challenge in place of swimming - and accountability from the team
- Indoor trainer workouts to develop pedalling mechanics, with different cadences and intensities
- Short but frequent run sessions, with some skill work and short bursts of intensity
We are not trying to get super fit at this stage of the year. We want to develop a strong and robust body, with great movement skills, to be ready for the harder training that comes later in the year, all whilst staying healthy now.
There are two training plans to choose from:
- "Standard" (5-7h per week) for people wanting to start at a lower level and work their way in
- "Advanced" (6-8h per week) for those who usually train more, and are ready for higher run volumes
- You can switch between plans at any time
How do I access my training plan?
Training plans are delivered through TrainingPeaks.com. You create a free account then select the plan you want to use. TrainingPeaks integrates with Garmin devices, Zwift, and many other platforms to give you guided trainer sessions.
What equipment do I need?
- Your basic bike and run gear
- Indoor trainer for bike sessions
- Power meter, heart rate monitor, GPS device are all recommended but not required. Workouts can all be done by perceived effort too