More than 700 Ironman and Half IM finishers. Find out why:
Train with others in Wellington
Our group trains together twice per week year round:
- Tuesday evenings: interval run
- Saturday mornings: long run in winter / long ride in summer
Our training changes through the year
March - August:
- Adventures in the hills with run focussed training for local Xterra events, and other longer trail events
- Swimming and biking at maintenance levels only
August - December:
- Building volume and intensity for Half & Ironman events
- Balanced and progressive swim bike run training
December - March:
- Holiday or training through Christmas - your choice
- Then building further for summer Half & Ironman events
Detailed training plans & workouts
Choose a training plan to suit your goals:
- "Challenge" plan for mid pack athletes
- "Perform" plan to finish in the top quarter of the field (sub 5h Half IM | sub 11h Ironman)
- High and low volume options in each plan
Every plan includes: Specific daily workouts that can be done by heart rate, cycling power, running pace, or perceived effort
(Note these are squad-wide training plans that you can choose between and adjust to suit your availability - they are not individually written for each member of the team).
Coach & team support
We run a private Facebook Group so everyone can stay connected. Support is available via:
- Asking questions in our Facebook Group
- Team video calls every 2-4 weeks
- Our library of team resources (articles, videos, podcasts)
- Individual coach consultations (additional fee)
You get to train and recover like a pro, while our support team takes care of the meals and logistics. All abilities are welcome, with training options to suit everyone.
- Winter camp: 05 - 07 Aug in Rotorua for trail running & mountain bike adventures
- Spring camp: 21 - 24 Oct in Hawkes Bay as a big volume weekend building to December events
- Summer camp: Jan (date TBC) in Taupo for Ironman and 70.3 specific preparations
So which event(s) are you training for?
We're training for Ironman & Half IM events all over New Zealand. Pick an event, join the team, and lets make it happen!
70.3 & Half Ironman distance events:
- November: IronMāori Half
- December: | 70.3 Taupo | Rotorua Suffer | OxMan
- January: Tauranga Half
- February: Challenge Wanaka
- March: 70.3 NZ
New Zealand's full distance events:
Get started now
Join at any time during the season. Money back guarantee in the first month.
Monthly payments are automatically charged to your credit card. Cancel at any time
I recommended Mr Smith's IronTeam as a squad for everyone. Gerrard understands real world problems like balancing work, family, injuries and plans accordingly.
I really enjoyed meeting and training with similar minded people from all walks of life. No egos but plenty of smack talk! Thanks Mr Smith and the crew.Warren Sue