Wellington IronTeam Squad
Join our local Wellington squad training for Half & full Iron-distance events.
All goals and abilities welcome.
Training plans available to suit different goals and experiences:
"Complete" the distance.
"Challenge" yourself to go faster.
"Perform" amongst the best.
Twice weekly squad training with options to suit different speeds / abilities:
- Tuesday 5.30pm: run from CBD
- Saturday 8am: Bike and/or run
depending on the training phase
Coach and team support available online:
- Ask questions
- Contribute your experience
- Share the journey
- Learn together
Our 2017 Season Plan
Run Focus - starts 11 April
The Wellington Half Marathon or 10k event is our primary focus during this time, so swim and bike disciplines take more of a back seat.
We're out to improve running performance, but have a bit of fun along the way.
Winter Base Training - starts 26 Jun
This is base training but not as you know it. We're aiming to get stronger and fitter through winter, to perform better in the next season - not just long boring mileage!
We also include a bit of adventure with day trips to train in new locations.
Half Ironman Race Prep - starts 25 Sept
Training gets longer and more specific through this time as we build specific Half Ironman skills, fitness, and experience, so we're ready to race.
Target events: IronMaori, Taupo 70.3, Rotorua, Tauranga
Summer Season: Ironman, Napier Half, or Scorching Tri's
Many of the team keep building up towards Ironman New Zealand as their main goal for the season. Whereas others will train for another Half (Napier in April), or do the local Scorching Tri's over the summer. Whichever way you go, the team stays connected and involved through the season.
Whilst you can join this squad at any time, you must:
- Ensure you are healthy and ready to train hard (seek medial clearance if necessary)
- Be familiar with riding on the road, signalling, navigating intersections and traffic, etc
- Have been training regularly for at least 4 weeks so you have basic fitness already
Why join us ? Train harder, learn more, perform better!
- For the challenge and support of training with others
- Meet others who are training for Half & Full Ironman-distance events
- We are a friendly squad with no egos
- For the all-important coffee and socialising after training!
- Our squads are great value for money